Since 2004, Evangelos Karademas is a faculty member at the Department of Psychology, University of Crete (currently a Professor of Clinical Health Psychology). Moreover, he is teaching Health Psychology-related courses in four post-graduate programmes at the Universities of Crete and Athens. Between 2004 and 2014 he served as Chair of the University of Crete Counselling Center for Students, as well as Chair of the Department of Psychology from 2012 to 2014. He is a member of several scientific societies, including the Hellenic Psychological Association, the American Psychological Association, and the European Health Psychology Society. He is member of the editorial board in four international and two Greek journals, as well as ad hoc reviewer in 22 international journals. He has authored one book and more than 90 scientific articles and chapters in international and local journals and editions. He has also edited four books and one conference papers book (three in English and two in Greek). His research interests include the role of stress in health and illness, self-regulation and health, adaptation to chronic illness, and quality of life and well-being.
- Benyamini, Y., Johnston, M., & Karademas, E.C. (2016). Assessment in Health Psychology. Gottigen/Boston: Hogrefe.
- Karademas, E.C. (in press). Pandora: Hope in a jar. In Bormans, L. (Ed.), The world book of hope. Belgium: Lannoo.
- Roussi, P., & Karademas, E.C. (in press). Dyadic coping in Greek couples. In Falconier, M., Randall, A. & Bodenmann, G. (Eds.). Dyadic coping: International perspectives. London: Routledge.
- Giannousi, Z., Karademas, E.C., & Dimitraki, G. (in press). Illness representation and psychological adjustment of Greek couples dealing with a recently diagnosed cancer: Dyadic, interaction and perception-dissimilarity effects. Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- Karademas, E.C., & Tsaousis, I. (2014). The personality bi-level effect on chronic cardiac patients’ health: Intra- and inter-personal relations. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 47, 79-91.
- Paschali, A., Hadjoulis, M., Papadimitriou, A., Karademas, E.C. (2015). Patient and Physician Reports of the Information Provided About Illness and Treatment: What Matters for Patients’ Adaptation to Cancer During Treatment? Psycho-Oncology, 24, 901-909.
- Ντούπη, Σ., Κουλιεράκης, Γ., & Καραδήμας, Ε. (2015). Υποκειμενικό στρες, αντίληψη του επαγγελματικού ρόλου και στρατηγικές αντιμετώπισης των νοσηλευτών ψυχικής υγείας. Ελληνικό Περιοδικό της Νοσηλευτικής Επιστήμης, 8, 42-53. [in Greek]